This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support!
We are so excited that we have the opportunity to review the new book, “Sensory Processing 101.” This is a book about sensory processing and how it supports healthy child development in all children!
This awesome book was written by Dayna Abraham, a mom to a child with sensory needs, an educator, and creator of Lemon Lime Adventures and the team of pediatric occupational and physical therapists/moms at The Inspired Treehouse: Claire Heffron, Pam Braley, and Lauren Drobnjak. They envision this book as a resource for all!
As a mom of two and a Speech Language Pathologist, I absolutely love this book! Not only does it have great activities for therapists of all kinds, it is also great for parents to use with children, and can apply to a wide range of ages and ability levels. I will definitely be using many of the handouts and activities in my practice and with my own kids.
I love the information and activities the authors provide in the book that educate us on the sensory systems and ways we can support developing sensory skills. All of the activities are also great for learning across a wide range of topics and awesome for building communication skills. Not only do children learn better when their sensory systems are balanced, but the activities in the book provide awesome conversation topics!
Check out this sneak peek of a fun and educational activity from the book:
I not only love this activity from a sensory exploration standpoint, but also as an SLP! You can tailor the activity to your child’s interests or new topics you’d like to teach them about. Doing the activity with your child (as long as they are old enough and closely supervised), provides great opportunities for language building (sequencing events, following directions, new vocabulary, asking/answering questions, back and forth conversation, making choices-what colors/items to put in the bag, and then once the bag is complete-describing what is in the bag using all of your senses-what colors do you see, how does it feel, etc.).
The Sensory Processing 101 Ebook is now on sale for $9.99 until October, 1st (normally $19.99)
- PLUS ALL THESE FREEBIES:
*Magic 7 Ebook ($9.99 value)
*50 Exclusive Printable Bundle Pack (15.99 value) Includes routine charts, sensory breaks, calm down tools, strategy guides, classroom tips, sharable cards, sensory processing memory and so much more)
Get this awesome e-book HERE!!
- Here’s a breakdown of what the book entails:
- Three Books in One!
- *Sensory Processing Explained: An explanation of each sensory system from a therapist’s point of view and from the perspective of a parent and educator
- *Sensory Activities: Step-by-step instructions for activities you can use in everyday play with kids at home or at school to support the development of each sensory system
- *Sensory Resources: Resources related to sensory processing, including support groups for parents and caregivers of children who have sensory needs, cheat sheets with quick overviews of each sensory system, and more
- Index by Behavior: BONUS in both print and e book full version: Color-coded visual index of common behaviors linked to related sensory systems and resources in the book
- Check out this video for more details on the book:
- Visit the “Sensory Processing 101” website for more!