Who doesn’t love trains? “Down By The Station” is a fun song with lots of learning opportunities, especially for little ones who are obsessed with trains.
We love learning through music in our house and want to share the fun with you! Everyone connects with music in different ways, whether it’s playing an instrument, listening to your favorite song, singing along to music on the radio, or composing a song. Music is something that connects us as people and lets us express ourselves creatively.
Music supports learning by activating multiple regions of the brain and making experiences meaningful. Sing, laugh, and learn with us by grabbing the free printable and singing the song at home with your kids!
- Print out the printable song puppets and use them as song props
- Talk about the concepts on the song and create stories with the printables
- Describe the pictures and find real life versions of the words in the song at home and on outings
- Visit a train park, train station, or other fun place that has real trains to expand background knowledge and solidify vocabulary word learning
- Read books about trains
- Play with trains with your child
- Make a train out of household items or a cardboard box and pretend to be a conductor and passengers
- Watch video clips, shows or movies about trains and talk about what you and your child see
We went on a fun family trip on the Polar Express recently and had a blast riding the train!
What are your favorites songs to sing with your kids? We’d love to hear in the comments below!